It’s my day over at Otherwhere Gazette. Ever wondered why you should bother with science fiction and fantasy? Because it can change the world!
We hold these truths to be self-evident:
- Humanity is worth saving.
- One planet is not enough for humans.
- Experiments and efforts to reach space are not a waste of money, but useful for life on earth, and reaching beyond it.
- The government is incapable of reaching out to the stars, private endeavors will be the ones to drive that movement.
- We write and publish to persuade others toward that goal of reaching out to the stars.
- Science Fiction stories further that persuasion and expansion of imagination.
- This is why science fiction needs to be based in hard science, and also why fantasy needs to create the understanding of what it is that heroes do.
- This is no way interferes with belief in a higher power – or conversely, requires belief in a higher power.
I listened to Toni Weisskopf deliver that thrilling declaration of what science fiction is for on…
View original post 629 more words